Weekly current affairs
In this post, we will discuss top current affairs from 22nd august 2020 to 29th August 2020. You can also attempt a quiz after going through these current affairs carefully.
We have just started this weekly current affairs, you can give your suggestions so that we can improve.
- South African all-rounder Jaques Kallis, Pakistan Batsman Zaheer Abbas, and Australian Captain Lisa Sthalekar introduced into ICC hall of fame in a virtual ceremony.
- Australian all-rounder Cameron white announced retirement from all formats on international cricket. He has played 4 tests,91 ODI’s and 47 t20’s.
- National sports awards 2020 to be awarded by President virtually on 29th august 2020.
- Indian Table Tennis Player Poulomi Ghatak announces retirement at the age of 37.
- England’s fast bowler James Anderson becomes 1st fast bowler to take 600 test wickets. His 600th dismissal was Azhar Ali.
- West Indies all rounder cricketer Dwayne John Bravo became 1st bowler to take 500 wickets in T20’s.
- Ronnie O’Sullivan wins world snooker championship 2020, defeated Kyren Wilson. This was his 6th world championship title, won at crucible theatre.
Books related news
- Chetan Bhagat’s new book “one arranged murderer” to be released on 28th September 2020.
- Sree Iyer’s new book ‘Who printed my lust red” is launched.
- Marieke Lucas Rijneveld won the International Booker prize at the age of 29 for the book”The discomfort of the evening “. He is the youngest person to win this prize.
- Prime minister of Japan Shinzo abe announced resignation due to some health issues.
- TikTok CEO Kevin Mayer resigns and will be replaced by Vanessa Pappas.
- WHO(World Health Organisation) declares Africa continent free from the poliovirus.
- Computer Pioneer Arnold Spielberg passed away at the age of 103 in Los Angeles who along with Charles propster designed GE-225 mainframe computer.
New appointments and new apps launched
- Ashwani Bhatia appointed as Managing Director of SBI by Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), succeeds in PK Gupta.
- Rajiv Kumar appointed as the new Election Commissioner succeeds in Ashok Lavasa and his new role will start from 31st August 2020.
- Harit Path mobile app developed by NHAI(National Highways Authority of India) is launched by Nitin Gadkari.
- The chief of the air staff Rakesh Kumar Singh has launched ‘My IAF‘ app to provide career related information to aspirants.
- Rajnath Singh launched DGNCC(directorate general national cadet corps) app for conducting online training for NCC(National cadet corps)
Important State News current affairs
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Kozhikode signs MoU with Switzerland based HELP logistics.
- Ram Vilas Paswan launches an online system of registration and renewal for Jewellers virtually.
- HSBC launches Green Deposit Programme.
- Axis Bank has launched new initiative Gig-a-opportunities to attract skilled persons and they can work with bank remotely.
- MP Police launches “Ek sankalp – Bujurgo Ke Naam” for senior citizens.
- The Chamber of Marathwada Industries and Agriculture(CMIA) partnered with the United Nations Development Programme(UNDP) to set up a help desk for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise(MSME).
- India’s Longest river ropeway of 1.8kms long was inaugurated in Guwahati and it connects Northern and Southern banks of Brahmaputra river.
- SBI general insurance launches “Shagun – Gift an insurance” policy for personal accident and it can be gifted to anyone between the age of 18 to 65 year.
- NITI aayog to launch the India component of the nationally determined contributors(NDC)-Transport initiatve for Asia(TIA).
- UP government launches NRI unified portal.
- NABARD(National bank for agriculture and rural development) introduces ‘structured finance and partial guarantee program for NBFC(Non-banking finance companies) and MFI’s(Microfinance Institutions).
- Twenty-year-old Neelakantha Bhanu Prakash from Hyderabad won the first-ever gold medal for India in Mental Calculations World Cup. He wins the title of the World’s fastest human calculator.
- Ahmedabad railway division launched the baggage sanitization and wrapping machine at Ahmedabad railway station. This machine will do 360-degree sanitization of the baggage.
If you have gone through these current affairs carefully then you can attempt the given quiz. You can mention your scores in the comment sections. Let’s see who scores 100% in this quiz.