Current Affairs Weekly
In this post, we will cover the main current affairs weekly which is important from the exam point of view. You can also attempt the quiz at the end of this topic. If you haven’t read our 1st post of current affairs from 22 august to 29 august then click here to read that post.
Unlock 4.0 guidelines
Ministry of home affairs has released unlock 4.0 guidelines. Here we will discuss some of those guidelines which are really important for us. The Govt. had made some changes regarding inter /intrastate movement and public gathering in the functions.
You can visit the ministry of home affairs website and read all the instructions carefully.
- Schools, colleges, educational institutions are to remain closed.
- Metro rail will be allowed to operate now from 7th September. All govt. guidelines needed to follow.
- Now there can be up to 100 persons in cultural, social, and political functions from 21st September but they all needed to have their hand sanitizer, need to maintain social distancing, and should wear face masks.
- The cinema halls, swimming pools, theater, etc to remain closed. open-air theater can be opened from 21st September 2020.
- Now there will be no restriction in interstate and intrastate movement.
Sports Current Affairs Weekly
- India and Russia became joint winners of the FIDE online chess Olympiad. Around 163 countries took part in this tournament.
- Lewis Hamilton claims his 89th career title with winning Belgian Grand Pix 2020. It is his 4th title of Belgian Grand Pix.
- Bryan Brothers, who were the most successful American doubles tennis player announces their retirements from professional tennis
- India’s P Iniyan won the 48th annual world open online chess tournament. In this tournament, 120 players from 16 countries participated.
- England All-rounder David Capel passed away at the age of 57. He played 15 tests and 23 ODI for England in international cricket.
- Dwayne Bravo is appointed as the 1st cricketer brand ambassador of the SBOTOP online betting platform.
- Malinga is out from the IPL 2020. Now Mumbai Indians signs James Pattinson as Malinga’s replacement.
New books and New Apps
- English Pro app is developed by the English and Foreign Language University and the app is a free mobile app that has been launched by the union minister of education.
- The Little Book of green nudges is launched by UNEP( United Nations Environment Programme).
- Book “Invertonomics: 8 Ideas to transform India” authored by Goonmeet Singh Chauhan is published.
- The book ‘Let us dream‘ by Pope Francis is to be released in December.
- The big thoughts of little Luv, a children’s picture book authored by Karan Johar to be released soon.
- ‘I Rakhwali‘ app is launched by the Punjab state minister. This app will make citizens as Greenery Saviours.
- AI-powered voice chatbot is launched by ICICI prudential life insurance company limited. This will enable policyholders to ask their queries by voice commands.
- CISF develops ‘Pensioner Corner’ mobile application and this app will provide pensioners a one-step solution.
We are discussing the recent appointments which has been done in this week. You will find 2-3 questions from this topic in your exam for sure. So you need to give proper attention to this topic.
- Rajiv Kumar is appointed as the new election commissioner of India.
- Lebanon’s new prime minister is Mustapha Adib and he secured 90 votes out of 120 votes in the parliament.
- Aveek Sarkar is the new chairman of the press trust of India, succeeds in Vijay Kumar Chopra.
- Heman Khatri replaces Rear Admiral LV Sarat Babu and became a new CMD of Hindustan Shipyard Limited.
- Murali Ramakrishnan appointed as the new MD and CEO of South Indian Bank.
- S Krishnan is the new MD and CEO of Punjab and Singh Bank and he replaces S Harishankar.
- Raj Srivastava is appointed as India’s Ambassador to the Republic of Croatia.
Other Important Weekly current affairs
Here we will discuss the important weekly current affairs which are important from the exam point of view. Read all the points carefully.
- Govt. of India bans PUBG and other 117 Chinese apps which can be a threat to our defense system and can be dangerous for our internet users.
- ICICI bank launched the virtual property exhibition ‘Home Utsav’ and It can be accessed on www.homeutsavicici.com.
- Ladakh and Lakshadweep have been added into the ‘One Nation- One Ration Card‘ Scheme. Now a total of 26 states/UT is connected with this scheme.
- National Nutrition Week is observed from 1st September to 7th September every year. The theme of 2020 is ‘Eat Right, Bite by Bite’.
- India is ranked 48th in the global innovation Index among the 50 countries. Switzerland tops the global innovation index list.
- The Jal shakti ministry launces ‘Water Heroes – share your stories‘ contest. The minister of the state of Jal Shakti is Rattan Lal Kataria.
- In Tamil Nadu, the first-ever woman ambulance driver ‘M Veeralakshmi'(In the newly launched ‘108’ ambulances) has been appointed.
- India’s first female cardiologist Dr. S Padmavati passed away at the age of 103 years, known as ‘God Mother of Cardiology’ and founder of the National Heart Institute.
- The former president of India Pranab Mukherjee passed away at the age of 84 years, awarded with Bharat Ratna in 2019. He was from West Bengal.
- The Co-creator of the most popular cartoon series Scooby-Doo ‘Joe Ruby’ Passed away.
If you have gone through the topic carefully then do attempt this quiz and share your marks with us.[ays_quiz id=’4′]