As you all know that New National Education Policy 2020 has been introduced and it was approved by Union Cabinet of India on 29th July 2020. This new education policy has replaced the previous education policy in 1986. You can also read our post regarding the merits and demerits of national education policy.
In this post, we will talk about some major changes, How they will be beneficial for us and from when we can see these changes in our education system. If you want to read about the detailed analysis of New National Education Policy 2020 then you can refer to our two posts listed below:
Major Changes in New National Education Policy 2020
New Education Model:
Before 2020, We were following education model in which student will study for 12 years. But, in this new National Education policy, the education is divided in four stages:
- Foundation Stage: 3 Years of Anganwadi and 2 years of education (Class 1 and Class 2). This will cover students of age group 3 to 8 years.
- Preparatory Stage: Class 3 to Class 5 will be covered in this stage. This will cover students of age group 8 to 11 years.
- Middle Stage: Class 6 to Class 8 will be covered in this stage. This will cover students of age group 11-14 years.
- Secondary Stage: Class 9 to Class 12 will be covered in this stage. This will cover students of age group 14-19 years.
New Board Exam Structure
Before 2020, in old education policy, class 10th and class 12th were board classes and in these classes, we need to study Theoretical. Only theoretical knowledge mattered in these classes.
But now in new education policy, an assessment body Named PARAKH has been made. The exams in these classes will be held twice in a year. The exams will be held in two parts: Objective and Descriptive.
Introduction of Coding
If you have studied before 2020, Have you studied coding in your school time. The answer is NO. We didn’t even know what is coding and why we need to learn them.
But in New NEP20, you will get a chance to learn coding from 6th Class onwards. You will also get the chance to attend vocational training.
Multiple Entry and Exit System
Before NEP20, Let us suppose you have taken admission in B.Tech but after 1st year, you think that you should study Law. You can have a better career in that. But if you leave B.tech for this, your whole year and money will be wasted.
In NEP20, you will get an option of Multiple Entry and Exit System. In this option, if after studying B.Tech or any other course for 1year, 2 years, you can choose other courses too. No year will be wasted and you will get:
- You will get a certificate after completing 1 year of study.
- You will get a diploma after completing 2 years of study.
- A Bachelor degree after completing 3 years of study.
- You will get a multidisciplinary Bachelor’s degree after 4 years of study.
No Separation Between Different Streams
Before the introduction of NEP20, If you choose Arts or commerce then you have to study the chosen stream for 2 years. You can’t select or choose any subject from science stream.
But Now in NEP20, there will be no rigid separation between these streams. You can choose subjects of your choice, An arts students cab also choose subjects from science or commerce stream and vice versa.
Other Important Changes in New National Education Policy 2020
- UGC and AICTE are replaced with the Higher Education Commission of India.
- Now M.Phil. will be discontinued.
- According to NEP20, Music, arts and literature will be taught in all colleges.
- There will be one large multidisciplinary college in every district by 2030.
- Now students will get a chance to get an internship after 6th class for 10 days with local trades.
- The emphasis will be given to practical knowledge instead of theoretical knowledge.
- There will be a single common entrance examination for higher education institutes and NTA will be responsible for these exams.
- Now India will be promoted as Foreign Destination Department.
- Students will get a chance to develop their skills from a younger age.
- NEP20 will promote Value based education.
How they will be beneficial for us?
- With Multiple Exit and Entry System, No year will be wasted.
- Students will get to learn to code and with the help of this, they will get a good knowledge of coding which will help them in future.
- Till class 5th, teachers will teach students in regional language.
- Teachers will also need to study for 4 years and the minimum requirement will be the 4-year bachelor of education.
- The emphasis will be given to digital education.
- Now you can choose any subject of your choice.
- The children studying from class 1 to class 5th will get a chance to strengthen their basic knowledge. There will be no emphasis on theoretical knowledge.
From when we can see these changes in our education system
The first batch which will follow NEP20 will be implemented for class 9th. From 2021, it will be first implemented for class 9th students. The class 9th will be the first class to experience and enjoy the benefits of these new national education policy in 2020.
If you have any concerns regarding New National Education Policy 2020 then you can let us know in comments. If you have any queries regarding this education policy, do let us know. We will provide you with answers asap.
FAQ asked by students
No, 9th class will be the first class to get benefits of new education policy.
Yes, the main emphasis will be given to online education in new education policy.
No, this education policy will be implemented in 2021 for 9th class students.
NTA(National Testing Agency) will be responsible for conducting entrance examination.
Yes, this education policy will be beneficial for us. We need to implement this education policy in a good way. If implemented and used in a good way, we can get a lot of benefits with this education policy.