Alphanumeric series is a combination of alphabets, numbers, and symbols. It is a sequence that consists of both numbers and alphabets. This topic is very important because you can expect 3-5 questions from this topic. We will give proper attention to this topic and will solve easy, moderate, and difficult category questions.
Some important points to remember
- Vowels – A,E.I,O and U.
- Consonants – All letters except vowels.
- Numbers – 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 etc.
- Symbols – &,*,#,@,% etc
- p is preceded by q means q will be left to p.
- P is followed by q means q will be right to p.
- If both numbers are in same direction like left + left then Subtract.
- Both numbers are in opposite direction like right + left then Add.
There can be four types of questions that cab be asked.
- Number Series
- Alphabet series
- Alphanumeric series
- Alphanumeric symbol series
We will solve a question based on this type. Please give proper attention to this topic.
- Study these five 3 digit numbers and solve these questions carefully:
374 659 821 945 247
- if 2 is subtracted from the last digit of each number, how many numbers thus formed is divisible by 3?
- Firstly subtract 2 from the last digits and write the new numbers formed: 371 656 818 942 244
- Now if you know the divisibility rule then you can solve this very easily ( click here to learn divisibility) otherwise you can manually check divisibility.
- In this case, only one number is divisible by 3, so our answer is 1.
- If in each number the first and third digits are interchanged, which of the following will be second-highest?
- Firstly, interchange first and third digit in all numbers and write down new numbers: 473 956 128 249 442
- Now you can easily find the second-highest numbers: 374
- If in each number 3 is added to the 2nd digit and the last 2 digits are interchanged then which will be the lowest?
- Add 3 to the 2nd digit first and write down new number formed: 404 689 851 975 277
- Now interchange last 2 digits and write a new number: 440 698 815 757 277
- Now you can find lowest number easily: 247
- Study the following alphabet series and solve these questions carefully:
LAP BUT CAR SON ONT
- If the position of the first and the third alphabets of each word are interchanged, which of the word would form the meaningful word?
- Change the position of first and 3rd alphabet of each word and write down new words thus formed: PAL TUB RAC NOS TON
- Now check the meaningful words formed as in this case there are two meaningful words formed: TUB TON
- In this case, the answer is BUT ONT
- If the second alphabet in each word is changed to the next alphabet, how many words having no vowels will be formed?
- Change the third alphabet to the next alphabet according to English alphabetic series and write down the new words formed: LBP BVT CBR SPN OOT
- Now check the vowels list and with that list, you can easily find out the word having no vowel
- In this case, we have 4 words which have no vowel: LBP BVT CBR SPN
- If the given words are arranged in the order as they would appear in the English dictionary from left to right which of the following will be third from left?
- Arrange the words according to English dictionary and write down new words formed: BUT CAR LAP ONT SON
- Now find the word which is third from the left: LAP
- Study the following alphanumeric series and solve these questions carefully:
A 8 9 I F G 8 0 A 7 5 B 6 C 9 D 5 Y Z
- How many such consonants are there in the above sequence which are both immediately preceded by and followed by a number?
- Firstly you should know what is preceded by, followed by, and consonants.
- Now check the consonant which looks like 1B1.
- In the given arrangement we have 3 pairs which are immediately preceded by and followed by a number: 5B6 6C9 9D5
- After dropping all the numbers, Which letter will be Third to the left of the fifth letter from the right end?
- Write down all the alphabets: A I F G A B C D Y Z
- Now according to rule Left+Right is subjected to addition (3+5=8, this means we have to find 8th alphabet from the right end)
- The required answer is: F
- How many such alphabets are in an above sequence which is followed by an alphabet and preceded by a number?
- Check the alphabets which look like 1AB.
- In the above arrangement, we have 2 pairs which are followed by an alphabet and preceded by a number: 9IF 5YZ
Alphanumeric Symbol sequence series
- These questions are based on the following arrangement of letters, numbers, and symbols. Study them carefully and answer the following questions based on this concept:
K 2 8 % A & B 3 H $ G T 1 V Y W @ % 6 9 ! L V H
- If all the symbols are dropped from the above arrangement, which of the following will be 6th from the right end?
- Remove all symbols and write down new-formed arrangement: K 2 8 A B 3 H G T 1 V Y W 6 9 L V
- Now find out the 6th number/alphabet from the right end: Y
- How many such consonants are there in the above arrangement which is not immediately preceded by a symbol?
- Find out the consonants which don’t look like @B
- In this case, we have 8 consonants which is not immediately preceded by a symbol: K 3H GT 1V VY YW LV VH
- If all the alphabets in the above arrangement are arranged in English alphabetical order, which of the following will be 11th from the left?
- Arrange the Alphabets according to English alphabetic order: A 2 8 % B & G 3 H $ H K 1 L T V @ % 6 9 ! V W Y
- 11th alphabet from the left according to new arrangement formed: H
This is the most important topic and we have used an easy , moderate, and difficult example to solve this topic. Now you can solve the questions based on this approach and if you need any help then do mail me on [email protected]
In next article , we will discuss about Ranking and Direction.