Jee main is known as a joint entrance examination. If you are studying in 10+ 2 and want to join b.e b.tech, b.arch, b.planning then you have to fill this examination. The ministry of human resource development (MHRD), Government of India(GIO) has established NTA(National Testing Agency) which will be responsible for conducting the examination.
All the exams like Jee, neet 2020, etc will be conducted by this agency. Many students were in doubt that the joint entrance examination mains 2020 will be conducted or will be canceled.
So, students, there is good news for you, NTA will be conducting the exam and the dates are released. The exam will be conducted from 01 September 2020 to 06 September 2020.
If you want to join IIT’s, NIT’s, or some good colleges then you have to prepare for this exam.
There are two exams.
- Jee mains
- Jee advanced exam
In this post, we will discuss the jee mains exam.
The supreme court has given orders to conduct the examination as we cannot waste a year from the student’s life. Life has to go on. Due to the pandemic COVID-19, every department has to suffer.
This exam will be conducted in the month of September and NTA has released some important notifications that should be followed by the candidates.
New exam pattern of jee mains 2020
Now there will be the new exam pattern. There are some new changes that will be beneficial for you.
- Now there will be 3 exams.
- The exams will be on b.e b.tech, b. Architecture and b.planning.
- There will be 75 questions in the b.e b.tech exam which will be of 300 marks.
- In b.architecture, there will be 77 questions which will be of 400 marks.
- There will be 100 questions in the b.planning exam which will consist of 400 marks.
- There will be 15 numeric based questions in the b.e b. tech where you have to fill the numeric value.
- For b.architecture there will be 5 numeric based questions where you have to fill the numeric value.
- There will be 5 questions in b. Planning exam where you have to fill the numeric value.
- Each question will be of 4 marks and for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
Jee 2020 admit card
The admit card of much awaited jee exam 2020 is released on 17th august 2020. You can download the admit cards by clicking on the given link.
You need to enter your application number and date of birth after clicking on the given link.
Jee mains result 2020
The result has been declared by NTA. 24 students has scored perfect 💯 percentile in this exam.You can check your result by clicking here.
You need to enter the application number and date of birth for checking your result.
Click here to download the pdf of the press release released by the NTA.
Official answer key
NTA has released the official answer key for jee mains exam conducted in 1st week of September. Click here to check the answer key.
As you know the competition is increasing day by day. We cannot predict the accurate cutoff but we can get an idea about the average cutoff.
Instructions for candidate appearing in jee mains 2020
The National Testing Agency has released a set of instructions that you need to follow if you are appearing for this exam.
- Candidates are requested to reach the examination centre according to the reporting time mentioned on the admit card to avoid crowding at the examination centre. Proper social distancing should be maintained.
- In the case of candidates with the scribe, the candidate and scribe must bring their own mask.
- You should carry all exam-related documents with you.
- You need to bring these things with you:
- A simple transparent ball-point pen
- You should carry an additional photograph with you which will be posted on the attendance sheet.
- A personal Hand sanitizer
- You should also carry a transparent water bottle with you.
- You have to wash your hands with soap and then with sanitizer after reaching the examination centre.
- Candidates are requested to bring duly filled admit cards as per the instructions.
- The lab number will not be listed outside on the board to avoid crowding at any one place.
- Candidates will be offered 3 ply fresh mask before entry. You have to remove your own mask and wear this mark in the examination centre.
- No one will be denied from appearing in the examination until he/she violates the COVID-19 directions released by the government.
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
B.arch you have to attempt two questions on the A4 drawing sheet and each question will be of 50 marks.
|Exam Date||For B.arch and B.Planning – 01.09.2020|
For B.E/B.Tech – 02.09.2020-06.09.2020
|Exam Timing||For B.Planning|
3 pm to 6 pm
9 am to 12 pm(morning shift)
3 pm to 6 pm(evening shift)
9 am to 12 pm(morning shift)
3 pm to 6 pm(evening shift)
|Exam Fees||B.tech / B.arch/B.planning – |
650 for boys(Gen/Obc)
325 for girls(Gen/Obc)
325 for boys and girls(Sc/St)
B.tech&B.arch or B.tech&B.planning or B.arch&B.planning or B.tech&B.arch&B.planning
1300 for boys(Gen/Obc)
650 for girls(Gen/Obc)
650 for boys and girls(Sc/St)
|Total Marks||B.Tech |
300 marks 75 questions
400 marks 77 questions
400 marks 100 questions
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for the correct answer and 1 mark deduction for every wrong answer|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|occurrence||You can attempt this exam twice in a year.|
|Apply Online||Click here to register for jee main 2020 exam|
If you want to ask anything regarding this topic , do let me know in comments. I will help you in clearing the doubts.
Let’s discuss some FAQs being asked by students regarding this exam?
No, you don’t need a COVID test for JEE mains. You need to follow the guidelines as directed by the government and follow the guidelines as directed by the instructor too. You have to write on a paper that you are not tested as COVID positive and you have no symptoms like fever, flu, etc.
The entry time can be different for each candidate but you are requested to reach the exam centre on the mentioned time.
You can contact the National Testing Agency regarding this . They will surely help you regarding this matter.
No, you need to appear for the examination. Only by clearing this examination , you can get admission into NIT college.
No, you cannot request them to reopen the forms now because the exam date and admit cards are released by National Testing Agency.
You can click on the given link to check the details. Click here to check registration details
No problem , this is not a big issue. Just click on this link and enter the details.