Everyone is aware of what banking is and how it works. Banking is the most critical sector in the world. So it becomes crucial to test the banking application carefully. In another post, we will discuss the different testing strategies you need to apply for banking domain testing projects. We will also discuss the working of banking applications. In this post, we will discuss how to write test cases for Banking Application. This is the most common question, and many software testing companies require you to know about banking applications. You can also read how to write test cases for ATM.
Let us understand how to write test cases for Banking Application.
Test cases for New Branch
- Create a new branch without any data.
- Create a new branch with valid data.
- When creating a branch with invalid data, It should show some error message.
- You need to create a new branch with some existing branch data.
- Check that cancel and reset options are working correctly.
- Check that you can update the branch details with valid data.
- Verify that when we try to update the branch details with invalid data, it must show the error.
- Check if you can update the branch details with existing branch data.
- Verify that the new branch can be saved or not.
- Verify that the branch search option is working or not.
Test cases for New Role in Banking Application
- You need to create a new role that contains valid data.
- When creating a role with invalid data, It should show some error message.
- Verify that no role exists with the same data.
- Verify the role types.
- Check that the reset and cancel options are working fine.
- It would be best if you also verified that the admin could log out successfully.
There can be other possible test cases for the new role. We are only discussing some of those to get some ideas about the new role’s possible test cases.
Test cases for creating a new bank account
- Create a new bank account.
- Check that the user details can be updated.
- You also need to verify that the details of the new user can be saved.
- Try to create a new bank account with the existing user’s data.
- Check if the user can deposit money into the newly opened bank account.
- Check that the user can withdraw cash after depositing money in a new account.
- Verify that if the user is opening a secondary account, they should provide the primary bank account number.
- Check the type of newly opened bank account.
- Verify that the user needs to maintain zero balance or some minimum balance in case of a non-salary account.
- Verify that the user needs to maintain zero balance in the salary account.
- If the user is opening a salary account, we need to verify the company name and other user details.
Test cases for Net Banking Application
- Check that the bank’s site is working correctly.
- Check that all links are working correctly.
- Verify that the user can create a new bank account.
- Verify that the user can log in with a valid username and password.
- In case of an invalid username and password, It should show some error message.
- In case of multiple login attempts with invalid username and password, the user should be blocked.
- Check that after successful login, the user can perform basic financial transactions.
- The user can add the beneficiary with a valid name and bank account details.
- The user can make financial transactions to the added beneficiary.
- Verify that the user should be able to change the password.
- The user should be able to delete the beneficiary.
- Users should not be able to add a negative amount to the Amount field. It should show some error messages.
- Check that the user can send money to multiple customers.
- The user should be allowed to transfer money if the available balance is more than the entered money.
- Check that the time out feature is implemented in the banking application.
- If the session timeout occurs, then the user should log in again.
As you all know, the banking application is critical and requires special attention while developing these applications and testing these applications. In this post, we have discussed some possible test cases. If you still have some doubts, then please ask us in the comment section. We will try our best to clear your doubt as soon as possible.