This is the most common interview question for software testing. The question is very simple to answer but sometimes difficult to answer during an interview. There can be a lot of test cases for pen. You can write a lot of test cases for pen. If you have any other test case in your mind then do let us know in the comments. This will help our readers to gain some knowledge. After this article, you will be able to write test case for pen.
UI test cases for pen
In this, we will discuss the UI test cases for pen which are based on the user interface / design of the pen.
- Verify the length and diameter of the pen is according to the specifications.
- Verify that the color of the pen is according to the specifications.
- Check that the tip of the pen is according to the specifications.
- Does the logo of the company is clearly visible on the pen?
- The other information displayed on the pen should be clearly visible.
- Verify that the outer body of the pen is according to the specification.
- Does the grip of the pen is according to the specifications?
- Check that the pen gets closed properly by the cap.
Functional test case’s
In this, we will discuss the functional test cases for pen which will be based on the functionality of the pen. We will check the functionality of the pen with respect to various conditions.
- Check that we are able to write smoothly with the pen.
- Check the type of pen(Ballpen/Gel pen/Ink pen).
- Verify that the ink color is according to the specifications(Red/Black/Blue etc).
- Verify that the pen is with the cap or without a cap.
- Check that are we able to write clearly on different types of papers(Rough, smooth, etc).
- Check the strength of the pen.
- Does the text written by this pen is waterproof or not.
- Verify that the text written by this pen is not easily removable.
- Check the different surfaces on which we can write with the pen.
- Check that the ink doesn’t leak from the pen in favorable conditions.
- Test that we can write smoothly with this pen for longer hours.
- Check the functioning of the pen by applying normal pressure while writing.
- Does this pen supports multiple refills or not.
- Check that the ink on paper dries quickly or not.
Performance test cases
In this, we will write test cases for pen on the basis of performance of the pen.
- Check how the pen works in extreme temperatures.
- Verify the pen works normally after continuous writing for hours.
- Check that the pen works on wet paper or not.
- Check how the pen performs while writing on rough surfaces.
- Does the pen perform well when you write on your hands?
- Check how fast you can write with this pen.
- Does the ink dry up if we keep the cap of this pen open for longer hours?
Negative test cases
In this , we will write the negative test cases for pen. In this we will check the pen’s behavior under the unfavorable conditions.
- Put the pen into the water for some time and then verify if we are able to write with this pen or not.
- Drop the pen from some height and then check that can we write with the pen or not.
- Try to write on the oily papers.
- Check that the ink is available in pen or not.
If you have other test cases in mind or want us to add some more test cases for pen in this post then you can mail us at [email protected] You can also mention the test cases in the comments. In upcoming posts, we will also write test cases for other important topics. If you want test cases for some particular topic then do let us know in the comments.
If you want to know about the difference between test cases and test scenario the you can click here.