In this post, we will learn how we can write test cases for registration page in software testing. This is also an important question which can be asked during your software testing interview. We will suggest you go through this topic carefully as this will help you in understanding test cases concept deeply. You can also read our post on how to write test cases for Lift.
Write Test Cases for Registration Page
- Check that all fields like username, first name, last name, password, Confirm Password, Email-id, Phone Number etc. are present or not.
- Check that there is proper validation placed when entering e-mail address.
- Check that TAB functionality is working or not.
- Verify that the mandatory fields are marked with * against the field.
- Check that the UI is responsive and it should adjust according to different screen resolutions.
- If you leave any mandatory field blank and click on the submit button then it should display an error.
- Check that the submit button works or not.
- When you fill all fields and click on submit button then it should send all the details to the server. When the registration is successful, the user should be able to login to the account.
- There should be a reset button available which clears all the data filled in the fields.
- If you leave any option field blank then also the registration should be successful.
- Check that there should be proper validation placed in all fields.
- Users should not be able to enter special characters in the username field.
- Verify that the username field is case sensitive or not. It should not treat Pawan and PAWAN as two usernames.
- There should be a character limit on fields like username and password field.
- Check that there should be a field named as confirm password.
- If entered password and confirm password both are different then it should display an error.
- Verify the password and confirm password both fields are masked.
These are some of the possible test cases for Registration Page. If you have any other test case in your mind, do let us know in comments.