In this post, we will learn how to write test cases for Whatsapp. There can be a lot of test cases for Whatsapp, but we are only discussing some of those. You will get some idea through this post. If you appear for software Testing interviews, these questions can be asked by the interviewer. You can also read our post on how to write test cases for an online shopping website.
Whatsapp Test Cases
- Firstly check that the Whatsapp application is available for download on play store.
- When you click on the install button, the application gets installed.
- After the installation is finished, a Whatsapp icon should appear.
- Click on that icon and check that the application gets opened or not.
- When you open the application, does it ask you to enter your phone number?
- Verify that if the user enters the phone number of fewer than ten digits, It displays an error message.
- If the user enters a correct phone number, a verification code is sent to the entered/registered number.
- Check that is there any limit of entering incorrect verification code.
- User cannot register an existing number for creating a new Whatsapp account.
- Check that on successful verification. All contact details saved in the user’s phone/account gets imported to Whatsapp contact list.
- When the user tries to upload profile photo/status, does it gets uploaded successfully?
- Verify that the user can send messages to an individual contact or not.
- Check that user can send images to contacts or not.
- Check that the user can send Audios/Videos to the contacts or not.
- Verify that the user can check the message details like the message delivered time and reading time.
- Check that the user can call and receive Whatsapp Audio and Video calls.
- Verify that the user can block any contact and after blocking the contact user doesn’t receive any message or call from that person.
Group Test Case’s
- Check that the user can create a Whatsapp group.
- The user can set a name for the created group.
- Check that the user can add and save the group description.
- Verify that the user can make multiple people as group Admin.
- Check that only group admins can add people to the group.
- Is there any option to mute group notifications for some time?
- Is there any option to add people to the group by sharing a link?
- The admin can delete users from this group.
- Check that admin can change settings like only admin can share information in this group, or everyone can share information in this group.
- If a person is removed from the group, he/she will not be able to see any updates.
- Check that user can exit the group by clicking on the exit button or not.
- Verify that the admin can delete the group.
- Check that are you able to create a group without adding any member.
Negative Test cases of Whatsapp
- You can try to send more than 30 images at a time.
- Verify that are you able to send large videos(exceeds limited size) or not.
- Try to send hundreds of messages at the same time to a person and then check the behaviour of this application.
- Try to register with the same number on two different devices at the same time.
- Check that are you able to forward a message to more than five people.
- Try to add more than 256 members in a group.
There can be a lot of other test cases as well. If you have other test cases for whatsapp in mind, then do let us know in comments. It will help our Readers a lot.